Missoula Bone & Joint’s Outpatient Surgery Center is achieving the National Gold Standard of Care, here in Missoula Montana, by implementing superior patient care that enables patients to go home the same day as their joint replacement surgery. Our patients and their care giver are feeling confident to continue recovery in the comfort and safety of their own home the same day as surgery. This is made possible by:
- Patients and a care giver attend a pre-surgery joint replacement education class at Missoula Bone & Joint so patients know what to expect and how to best prepare.
- Revised surgical protocols that are less invasive and more effective.
- Implementation of advanced pain management techniques.
- Patients are able to walk soon after surgery and are cleared to safely go home within 4-6 hours.
An overnight stay in one of six private suites is available if needed, however we are finding that patients are more comfortable in their own home, and recovery is easier. Our staff and surgeons are available if you need us – we are still with you every step of the way.
Recovery at Home the Same-Day as Surgery
There are several reasons why patients can go home soon after surgery and the feedback we are receiving from our patients is that they really like it. Our one hour pre-surgery education class has been very effective in giving our patients and their care giver the confidence needed to be prepared and manage the recovery together in their own familiar environment.
Healing at home is an integral part of your surgical process. Studies have shown that patients who go home directly after their surgery:
- Have improved wellness
- Have a faster recovery
- Reach their goals earlier
- Have less infection
Why Recovery at Home is Beneficial?
- You are a healthy, well person who needs surgery.
- You will recover faster at home.
- You will have less chance of getting an infection.
- You will have less chance of developing surgical complications.
- You will sleep better.
- You will have normal social interactions with friends and family.
- You will be able to follow your own schedule.
- You will be active in your familiar environment.
Home the Same Day As Surgery in Missoula, Montana
Missoula Bone & Joint Surgery Center is certified by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), and a member of the Montana Ambulatory Surgery Center Association www.ascassociation.org Outpatient surgery at an ambulatory surgery center (ASC) is beneficial to both the surgeon and patient. It is designed to facilitate an efficient and cost effective flow that centers around patient care, and the surgeon is able to work with his hand-picked team of specialists. The smaller environment creates a “family atmosphere” that is superior for both staff and the patient.
Our goal is to be the leader in outpatient surgical excellence for Missoula and the surrounding area through our commitment to service, care, compassion, and patient satisfaction. We adhere to a high standard of care in safe surgical practices, advanced techniques, and extremely low infection rates. It’s easy to see why many patients choose Missoula Bone & Joint Surgery Center for their orthopedic surgical care.
Schedule an appointment with one of our surgeons by calling (406) 721-4436 and learn more about your treatment options, including whether ‘home the same-day as surgery’ is right for you.