Prescriptions and refills for established patients of Missoula Bone & Joint are routinely handled from 8:30am-4:00pm Monday through Friday. For medication refills, please have your pharmacy fax a refill request to our office at Fax: (406) 721-6053. Please allow at least 24 hours for refill processing.
No refills are issued during the evenings, weekends, or holidays, as the doctors do not have access to your medical records during those times. It is helpful to anticipate your refill needs to avoid an interruption in your medication therapy.
If you need a refill between office visits:
- Please allow at least 24 hours for refill processing.
- Call your pharmacy to request a refill. The Pharmacist will contact our office if necessary. If the request is for a narcotic, per Federal Law these cannot be called or faxed in and prescriptions must be picked up in person.
- Refill requests are handled from 8.30am-4.00pm Monday through Friday.
- Any medication requests after 4.00pm will be addressed the next business day.
- Prescriptions are not refilled after hours, on weekends, or on holidays.
- Narcotic pain medications will not be routinely prescribed for longer than 6 weeks post-operatively. Patients requiring longer term narcotic management will be referred to their primary care provider.