Brent Roster, MD
Foot & Ankle Surgery
Dr. Roster is a fellowship trained, board certified, orthopedic physician who specializes in all conditions of the foot and ankle. He joined the team at Missoula Bone & Joint in 2015 after completing an additional year of specialized training in the treatment of foot and ankle conditions.
Medical School: State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, 2009
Internship / Residency: Oregon Health &Science University, Portland, OR, 2010-2014
Fellowship: University of California – Davis/Reno Orthopaedic Clinic, 2015
Board Certification: Board certified with the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
State Licensed: Montana
Joined Practice: 2015
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Montana Medical Association
Leadership: Orthopedic Surgery Lead, St Patrick Hospital Trauma Committee, July 2017-Present.
STAR Total Ankle Joint Replacement
Articles from American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society:
- Scandinavian Total Ankle Replacement: 15 year Follow-up
- Long-term Follow-up of Mobile Bearing Total Ankle Arthroplasty in the United States
Foot & Ankle Specialty Clinic in Stevensville, Montana
Dr. Brent Roster is at the Stevensville Satellite clinic the 1st Friday of every month and is accepting new patients. To schedule your appointment please call our Missoula clinic at (406) 721-4436.
“Dr. Roster thank you for your thorough care and diagnosis in the neuroma on my foot. The entire team on the day of surgery was wonderful. My recovery was fast and after 3 years of suffering, I traveled Europe on foot with my family have excelled in fitness with no pain! My procedure was a 100% success.” Jesse 3-7-19
“For anyone looking for a straight forwards Dr. that answers any question you throw at him, explains things in a way that are easy to understand Dr. Brent Roster is the one you are looking for.” 4-9-19 online review
“I injured myself about 2 years ago while out hunting and missed up one of my ankles. I was not looking forward to having surgery or going through physical therapy. Dr. Roster said “no problem we can fix that” and so far things are looking very good. I want to thank Dr. Roster for being straight forward and answering my concerns. He did a great job on my ankle and I am on the mend.” Randy P. 11-15-18 online review
“Dr. Roster exudes caring and confidence, gets to the point, explains the damage done and what is needed to get you back to “your normal”. He listens and hears the patients concerns and is able to explain and respond on our level. He continues to show you the xrays or has a model and looks you in the eyes and lets you know he know what he is doing. He is very respectful. I feel blessed to have had him and his expertise on my case.” Sheelia M. 2-22-18 online review
“What I liked best was the staff, doctor, and care. There isn’t anything I didn’t like.” Claire E, Feb 2017
“Dr. Roster’s interest in my problem and explanation of treatment was excellent.” Robert Bowman, Feb 2017
“Dr. Roster has dramatically improved both of my feet. I can now wear “regular” shoes.” Wanda, April 2017
“It is definitely worth the trip from Bigfork to Missoula for the expertise.” John B – Bigfork MT, March 2017
“Very professional and Dr. Roster is very nice. I would recommend your office to family and friends.” Jason H, March 2017.
IN OUR COMMUNITY
Hobbies / Personal Interests: Hunting, fishing, spending time with my wife and children, snowboarding.
Get to know your doc!
- Look for Dr. Roster on the sidelines of Big Sky High School football games.
- Dr. Roster was a guest on the Monday morning KGVO Community Medical Center Health Talk Radio show, May 2017.
- Roster B, Michelier P, Giza E. Peroneal Tendon Disorders. CLin Sports Med. 2015 Oct;34(4):625-41.
- Roster B, Kreulen C, Giza E. Subtalar joint arthrodesis: Open and arthroscopic indications and surgical techniques. Foot Ankle Clin. 2015 June;20(2):319-34
- Lundeen G, Roster B, Dunaway L. The Adult Cavus Deformity in Neuromuscular Disorders. In: Chapman M, James, M, editors. Chapman’s Comprehensive Orthopaedic Surgery. 4th edition. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers. Publication Pending
- Jackson L, Roster B, Giza E. Revision Forefoot: Technique for Salvage after First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Arthroplasty. Techniques in Foot and Ankle Surgery. Publication Pending
- Roster B, Giza G. Kreulen C. Radiographic Outcomes of Lisfranc Injuries Treated With a Suture Button Device. Publication in Progress.
- Roster B, Giza G. Kreulen C. Functional Outcomes of Lisfranc Injuries Treated With a Suture Button Device. Research in Progress.
- Roster B, DeHart M, Duwelius P, Mirza A. Frequency and treatment trends for periprosthetic fractures about total knee arthroplasty in the United States. Manuscript submitted to Journal of Arthroplasty
- Selected for Poster Presentation, 2014 AAOS Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA.
- Selected for guided “Trauma Poster Tour”, 2014 AAOS Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA.
- Baker A, Roster B, Mirza A. Percutaneous plating of the distal femur: Risk of injury to the perforating branches of the profunda femoris artery. Manuscript submitted to Journal of Orthopedic Trauma.
- Selected for Poster Presentation, 2012 Orthopedic Trauma Association Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, MN.
- Clabeaux J, Ahmed S, Roster B, Damron T. Does the pre-operative medical consultation address osteoporosis in hip fractures? Manuscript submitted
REVIEW THIS PROVIDER