JOIN OUR TEAM AT MISSOULA BONE & JOINT
Missoula Bone & Joint is an equal opportunity employer and offers excellent benefits including health insurance, 401k, generous paid time off, continuing education allowance, and much more.
Missoula Bone & Joint and Surgery Center has been named as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review/Becker’s ASC Review for seven years!
How to apply for a job at Missoula Bone & Joint:
Send us your cover letter stating which position you are applying for, your resume, and a completed Missoula Bone & Joint employment application to:
or mail to:
Missoula Bone & Joint and Surgery Center
ATTN: Employment Specialist
2360 Mullan Road, Suite C
Missoula, MT 59808
We currently have the following positions available at Missoula Bone & Joint:
Registered Nurse who oversees and is responsible for conducting preoperative testing and patient counseling prior to the surgery date. Contacts and evaluates the ASC patients scheduled for surgery.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm (30 minute lunch break)
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and personnel
- Assesses possible medical concerns, abnormal testing results, home care constraints and shares these findings with the appropriate physicians, anesthesia providers, PACU and clinic staff.
- Orders, obtains and reviews the appropriate laboratory work, EKG’s, cardiac studies and x -rays as designated by physicians. Follows Anesthesia Guidelines for appropriate testing.
- Works cooperatively with the SC reception department and orthopedic assistants to ensure all ordered and needed laboratory, EKG’s, and needed documents are on the patients chart prior to the day of surgery.
- Performs thorough preoperative patient assessment required in the outpatient setting.
- Assists in assessing the physical and emotional status of the patient prior to admission via pre-operative phone call.
- Reports all abnormal values to anesthesiologist/attending surgeon
- Performs preoperative phone call referring to pertinent patient records prior to patient’s arrival
- Provides preoperative instruction and a brief over view of what to expect the day of surgery
- Informs patient about routine care and procedures related to the perioperative experience
- Provides comfort and reassurance to the patient and supports the patient’s right to privacy, dignity, and confidentiality
- Contacts each patient postoperatively via phone call, reports any abnormal findings or concerns to the physician and/or orthopedic assistant
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains order and cleanliness of work area
- Assists with maintaining adequate inventory of needed chart forms, post-operative instruction forms and any other forms needed for the patient chart.
- Assists with direct patient care when needed
- Assists with staff breaks and lunches if requested.
- High school graduate or GED certificate recipient
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- RN with active MT license
- BLS/ACLS/PALS Certification
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- Language skills adequate for high-level written, interpersonal, and telephone communication in American English
- ASC experience with minimum 2 years recent PACU or critical care experience
- Computer literacy
Missoula Bone & Joint is growing!
We have opened our new state-of-the-art Surgery Center therefore we are seeking TPD-PDR/As Needed Fill-in CST (Surgical Techs)! Needed for vacation/sick coverage.
Responsible for ensuring proper care and use of surgical instruments. Performs surgical scrubbing responsibilities in an accurate, dependable and safe manner.
- High school graduate or GED certificate recipient
- Completion of surgical scrub technician program
- CST Certification
- Strong ethical and moral character references
- Two years of previous operating room experience
- ASC experience
How To Apply:
Please visit our website at www.missoulaboneandjoint.com and click on the 'join our team' link and follow the instructions on How to Apply for a Job.
**Resumes submitted without an application will be rejected**
Job Type: As Needed
Missoula Bone & Joint is needing a TPD (as needed) MRI Tech
~This position is on an as needed basis to cover sick and vacation days and must be available to work up to 40 hours per week and Saturdays.
Responsible for performing diagnostic orthopedic MRIs per established provider and Medical MR Director protocols, critiquing MR scan quality.
- Must be available to work around the holidays and cover for vacations as needed
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- BLS certification
- Graduate of accredited radiologic technologist program
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist registration
- Previous Orthopedic radiology experience preferred
- MRI Certification preferred within one year of hire
- One year of full-time equivalent experience as an MR technologist performing a minimum of 100 examinations
- 15 hours of Category I AMA or RCEEM approved MR related continuing education every three years
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Strong ethical and moral character references
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and completed employment application (found on this website) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $26.00 to $35.00 /hour
Missoula Bone & Joint is seeking a Fill-in as needed Patient Service Coordinator (Receptionist)
Processes incoming referrals, calls patients to schedule an appointment utilizing provider protocols, greets patients and makes sure that necessary paperwork is completed, answers incoming calls, serves as a primary customer service representative for Missoula Bone & Joint and completes other duties as assigned or requested.
High school diploma or GED certificate
Good typing skills
Good communication skills
Good computer skills
Ability to run fax machine, postage meter and printers
Excellent customer service skills
Strong ethical and moral character references
Attention to detail
Little supervision needed to accomplish tasks
Ability to multi-task
Preferred: Medical receptionist experience
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and completed employment application (found on this website) to email@example.com
Missoula Bone & Joint's Pain Management Team is recruiting a part-time assistant. This position is scheduled to work Mondays, Thursdays and every other Friday. The hours are variable but will average 14 hours per week with the ability to flex up to 28 hours per week as needed.
-Accompanying patients to the exam/procedure room, assisting with changing to exam gowns and transfer to exam table if needed.
-Collect and document health history and enter into electronic health record.
-Provide basic patient care as ordered by the provider and assist with various procedures, including preparing injections and sterile tray setup.
-Place orders as ordered by provider and follow up on results.
-Clean and stock exam rooms and replace Sharps containers.
-Autoclaving of syringes and other instruments.
-Cooperative work attitude toward co-workers, management, patients, visitors and physicians.
-Good decision making skills and ability to problem solve.
-Ability to triage patient care questions
-Must have a flexible work schedule with the ability to work late some days and through lunch breaks on busy clinic days.
-High school diploma or GED certificate
-Good communication skills and attention to detail
-Current state license or national certification
-Clinical experience in a medical office
Pay: $15.00 - $21.00 per hour
Missoula Bone & Joint has a great Sports Medicine program staffed with Athletic Trainers that support our local and surrounding area high schools' athletic events. We are currently recruiting a TPD (as needed) Certified Athletic Trainer to fill-in at high school events and to work as a Physician Extender in our clinic setting.
Duties as Athletic Trainer:
-Evaluation of emergent, acute and chronic injuries, and medical conditions.
-Instructs and educates patient and/or family members in treatment, rehabilitation, and home exercises.
-Can properly fit crutches, braces, and various other DME.
-Proficient in concussion testing (SCAT5, VOMS, etc.), assessment, and proper referral.
-Documents evaluations, plan of care, and referral as needed.
-Ability to work autonomously.
-Willing to travel and have reliable transportation.
Duties As Physician Extender in Office:
-Daily patient care through referrals from physicians and physician assistant.
-Educate patients on home exercise programs and thorough knowledge of provider preferences.
-Provide education during pre and post-operative visits with comprehensive understanding of pre and post-operative protocols and various orthopedic surgical procedures.
-Basic knowledge of rehabilitation techniques for various injuries.
-Knowledge of fitting DME.
-Documents each patient visit and tracks various activities performed by the Physician Extender in the Electronic Health Record.
-Current Montana State License - Athletic Trainer
-Graduate from a CAATE-accredited Athletic Training Education Program
-CPR or BLS Certification
-High School Diploma or GED Certificate
-Valid Montana Driver License and Current Motor Vehicle Insurance
-One year related experience and/or training
-Must work well with others and have excellent communication skills
-Clean background check
Part-Time Orthopedic Assistant
Missoula Bone & Joint is looking for a Part-Time Orthopedic Assistant. This position is posted as part-time but has the potential to be a full-time job in the future. The scheduled days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday working in clinic with a provider and Monday's and Friday's can be utilized as catchup days for scheduling and paperwork.
Missoula Bone & Joint prides itself on outstanding patient service relations. This job requires the ability to efficiently complete all tasks assigned while being detail oriented. The applicant must have a good understanding of how to schedule surgeries and order tests, good communications with providers, staff and patients at all times and have the ability to triage and demonstrate good judgment.
Patient care responsibilities as assigned by physician/PA-C:
*Duties in italics are not to be performed by an assistant without the proper credentials until signed off by the Provider and Supervisor.
- Patient care responsibilities as assigned, which may include scheduling and organizing patient flow, accompanying patients to exam/procedure room, assist patients with changing to exam gowns, and transfer to exam table if needed.
- Assess patient’s general condition and collect patient history.
- Document health history, activities, medication dispensed/prescribed, etc., in the electronic health record (EHR).
- Provide basic patient care as ordered by provider and assist provider with various procedures.
- Provides patient education materials, communicates provider advice/instructions to patient. Documents in the EHR.
- Cast and splint application and removal.
- Fit patients with braces, boots, other DME as ordered by provider
- Wound dressing changes
- Prepare injections
- Suture and staple removal
- Sterile tray set-ups
- Obtain lab/x-ray reports
- Schedule surgery, hospital procedures and pre- and post-op appointments
- Schedule MRI, CT scans, labs, and other tests
- Schedule referrals to other physicians/providers
- Clean and stock exam rooms
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and confidentiality policies
- Compliance with HIPAA, OSHA and Red Flag Rules
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- RN, LPN, CMA, CST, or ATC preferred but equivalent education/experience may be considered (Credential requirements based on provider’s preference)
- Good communication skills
- Current state license or national certification
- Orthopedic experience
Missoula Bone & Joint Surgery Center is seeking a Part-Time Sterile Processing Technician. This position is scheduled Monday thru Friday 25 hours per week but may flex up as needed for coverage.
Sterile Processing Technician
Responsible for preparing and assembling medical and surgical supplies, instrumentation, and equipment, maintaining the sterile processing areas, and receiving and distributing surgical supplies and equipment.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Follow established protocols for cleaning, decontaminating, preparing and packaging, disinfecting or sterilizing, and storing medical and surgical supplies and equipment.
- Distribute medical and surgical supplies from sterile processing areas to other areas within the facility or health care organization as needed.
- Follow safety procedures and manufacturer’s instructions when handling cleaning solutions, supplies and equipment.
- Operate equipment used in the sterile processing areas safely and according to the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Monitor, interpret, and document results of physical, chemical and biological indicators for all types of sterilizers used in the sterile processing areas.
- Inventory, receive, and restock materials used for supporting sterile processing services.
- Comply with organizational policies, regulatory and accreditation standards, and professional guidelines.
- Exhibit professional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Assist with improving the quality of sterile processing services.
- Assist with identifying pertinent evidence to establish benchmarks as directed.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization of instruments and equipment;
- Demonstrates awareness of appropriate sterilization method required for different instruments in accordance to manufacturer’s instructions;
- Receives all soiled instrumentation and implements the appropriate decontamination process per manufacturer instructions;
- Practices Standards Precautions and utilizes required Personal Protective Equipment;
- Prepares the Decontamination and Assembly Room with supplies and equipment needed;
- Tests operational efficiency of Instrumentation prior to reprocessing and reports problems to Leadership;
- Wraps trays and individual items according to established departmental protocols. Labels each item with name and processing date;
- Monitors all instrumentation for proper sterilization prior to releasing for use;
- Places Sterilized instruments on appropriate shelving and rotates accordingly;
- Prioritizes and organizes instrumentation, equipment and supplies;
- Implements manual cleaning cycle for autoclaves and Steris machines and other sterilizing/disinfecting machines;
- Performs required quality controls e.g. Bowie Dick, DART, Biological Monitoring, Disinfecting Solution Efficacy Testing, Test Strips as indicated;
- Maintains instruments/trays/scopes inventory and associated count sheets;
- Anticipates high priority turn-around requests for specialized instrumentation to meet daily volume demands;
- Maintains a clean and orderly central processing area (e.g. shelves, counters, equipment);
- Utilizes supplies and resources in a cost effective manner;
- Appropriately handles the disposal of bio hazardous materials.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of surgical instrumentation.
- Orders, restocks, and maintains essential inventory for departmental efficiency
- Performs departmental environmental maintenance duties ensuring a clean and organized work environment;
- Communicates with Material Management and Departmental Leadership any requests for equipment maintenance, repair or replacement, and removes defective equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge of advances and current trends in Sterile Processing
- Demonstrates attention to detail by ensuring that all documentation is legible, complete, accurate, and factual.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist program or certification/experience in Sterile Processing
- Achieve Certification within 2 years of hire date
- One year of Sterile Processing experience
- Central Supply Processing Department Technician (CSPDT), or Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) Certification.
- Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS) Certification
- Computer Skills (e.g., Microsoft Office)
150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in the USA
For the seventh year, Missoula Bone & Joint was named by Becker's Healthcare as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare, a compilation of physician groups, hospitals, health systems, ambulatory surgery centers, and other healthcare organizations that provide excellent work environments and outstanding benefits to their employees.
Missoula Bone & Joint and Surgery Center is the only physician group and ambulatory surgery center in Montana included in this list of organizations that are recognized for going above and beyond for their employees and are considered a great place to work based on their benefits, workplace culture, professional development opportunities and recognition for workplace excellence.
Top 10 Places to Work in Western Montana
For the second year in a row, Missoula Bone & Joint was named in the top 10 greatest employers in Western Montana and featured in The Missoulian.
Here are some of the wonderful things our employees have to say about Missoula Bone & Joint:
"Last weekend my family went to our place in Trout Creek. In the middle of the night my daughter came in crying that her ears hurt. She had been running a fever so I figured she probably had an ear infection. The next morning I took her to the family clinic in Thompson Falls. When the two office ladies found out I work at MBJ, they both raved about our services. One woman told me how great Dr. Price is. There was a long wait to be seen in T Falls so they took my information and sent me to their clinic in Plains. The office people in Plains also raved about MBJ. They love Dr. LaPorte. One person said Joan fixed his hand and someone else talked about how Dr. Jarrett helped her with her foot problems. It makes me feel good to work for a company with such a positive reputation!"
"I have worked at MBJ for the last six months and I have to say that this has been the most wonderful place to work. I did my internship here in college and I always had a goal of ending up back here as an employee. I love coming to work every day, I love that my co-workers are so wonderful and I love that from day one I have been treated like family!"
"I have been an LPN for 29 years and have worked in a variety of medical facilities in several states and I can state without reservation that Missoula Bone & Joint is the best place I have ever worked. I have never worked for or with a better or more caring group of people. And besides that, it´s fun!"
"The doctors and the staff strive to make each patients experience one that they will want to brag to their friends and family about. Our goal has been met when a patient leaves Missoula Bone & Joint with a smile on their face!"
"What a joy it is to work at MBJ. I have patients tell me daily what a pleasant place this is to come to. They enjoy the attitude and pleasantness of the employees. This thrills my heart as that is what we are trying to do."
"We have the best doctors to work for! They are very compassionate and truly care for their patients and employees!"
"Where the employees are concerned, the doctors and administration at MBJ always have our best interests in mind. They really care about us!"
"We are blessed with co-workers that are friends and care about each other (the MBJ family)."
"With a company of over fifty employees I have been impressed over and over again with how well everyone gets along. They are a friendly and hard-working group with great attitudes."
"The doctors are the best! They are considerate, generous, thoughtful, kind, and sincere. Just all around super employers."
"I am very proud to say I work at MBJ."
"The finest group of physicians I have ever worked with. They are fair, honest and very caring."
“It is such an honor to work at Missoula Bone and Joint Surgery Center. The surgeons are not only extremely skilled at what they do, but they are wonderful people as well. They do volunteer work yearly in foreign countries as well as volunteer work for the needy right here in the community. The monetary benefits at MBJ are great, but what I love most is the level of competency and cohesiveness with the staff.”
“I have worked at MBJ for almost 15 years. I work for and with extremely knowledgeable and caring people. Patient care is truly the #1 priority. MBJ offers competitive salary ranges as well as some of the best benefit packages around. The physicians here lead by example. They truly respect their employees and often ask for input or suggestions on ways to improve patient care and efficiencies. The physicians work hard and in turn we want to work hard for them. The physicians and management ask for employee input. MBJ has created several committees that focus on health & wellness, process improvements, charitable contributions, etc. Each position is granted yearly education funds that can be used for seminars or classes that focus on customer service, billing/coding, and the latest trends in healthcare. Job openings are posted internally first to promote and encourage employees to challenge themselves and encourage advancement.”
"The physician/owners and management care very much about the people who work for them, their patients and the larger community. In spite of a shaky economy, every effort is expended to assure job retention and benefits for the employees, not to mention continued charitable giving and donation of time and talent. Our opinions are asked for and listened to. It’s the best place I have ever worked and I have been a nurse for 34 years. The organization is constantly looking for new and better ways to serve our clients and the community while keeping a family atmosphere. Employees are asked for opinions on changes and input is encouraged. Numerous committees exist for those who wish to participate including ones for charitable donations, process improvement, and a “fun” committee for morale. Every licensed person is given money for continuing education and encouraged to share information received. Doctors and staff have participated in outreach to clinics in Central America, fund raising for Camp Mak-a-Dream, and a local low cost clinic. Opportunities exist within the organization for job shadowing, mentoring and advancement in most areas."
“I believe MBJ has excellent benefits and very generous personal leave policies as well as being a “family” organization. MBJ supports our individual families and allows us the time and ability to be employees as well as parents and spouses. Our physicians are very devoted family men as well and support our community and youth. They are also very philanthropic as individuals as well as a group in this community and abroad. Our staff is very caring and committed to great patient care.”
"I love working at MBJ! It is a family atmosphere with wonderful co-workers and physicians who really do care about their employees."
“As an employee, I love working at MBJ! It offers benefits and job positions that are filled with variety which makes each day new and interesting. Our physicians are just the “Greatest” to work for! They really care about their employees. MBJ offers in-house committees and programs for their employees to take part in. This brings them together in fun/sharing atmospheres allowing them to grow in relationships within the company. MBJ offers each employee the ability to seek continual education. There are also other areas of growth professionally within the company. When new job openings occur within our company, it allows employees to apply. By doing this, employees can venture into a new professional area which is of interest to them. This promotes knowledge and growth within the employee, making for a HAPPY employee! The Mission Statement says it all. This is not just an ordinary clinic. Our physicians really make every effort possible to provide the BEST possible care to their patients from check in to check out. I am very grateful to work with such a Wonderful Group!!”
“When you come to MBJ you are getting the full attention you deserve. Everyone works for the patient. When you enter MBJ you get a feel that you are a priority and that you matter. MBJ works as a team to better serve the patient. We work like a “well oiled machine” to serve the needs of our patients and our community. MBJ encourages personal, social and economic growth by promoting continuing education to their employees.”