How to choose an Urgent Care Center
When you experience urgent health issues, unexpected injuries, or unexpected joint pain, that fall short of the necessity to go to an emergency room, the expanding field of urgent care centers are there to serve you. Urgent care centers can often be easier to access and will see you faster than an emergency room for most issues.
Urgent care centers now specialize; for example urgent care eye center, urgent care orthopedic clinic, urgent care medical clinic. No appointment is needed so you can walk-in and be seen by a specialist during their opening hours. It will most likely save you time and money to get familiar with urgent care centers in your local area.
Here are some factors to consider when selecting an urgent care center:
- You will need to understand the level of care they provide, hours of operation, and insurance plans they accept.
- Find out about your local urgent care centers before you need medical assistance. Search online, keep an eye out on social media, ask your primary care provider, and check your local newspaper.
- Look closely at what the center can offer you. Think about what is your health issue and how severe is the issue. Call ahead to the urgent care clinic and ask questions if you are unclear if you should visit an urgent care or the emergency room.
- An urgent care center is an excellent back up for the times when you can’t see your general practitioner, or you know you need to see a specialist.
- The best facilities cater to the after-hours emergencies and offer extended hours in the evenings and some weekend hours.
- When they don’t have the resources to treat an urgent medical issue, the center will assist in coordinating the transportation of a patient in an ambulance. The urgent care staff can help to stabilize a patient while they wait for transport.
- Handling payment arrangements is your responsibility. You must know if your insurance covers the providers at that facility. If you don’t have insurance, flexible payment plans can usually be arranged. Most facilities also accept credit cards, checks and cash as payment.
- Patients at urgent care clinics usually have good experiences. They appreciate the shorter wait times and the quality of care they receive. Patients appreciate that they can receive the care they need and be home quickly to recuperate.
- While these facilities can’t solve all of your medical problems, they are an excellent option when you can’t see your regular physician and have an unexpected health issue or injury. Keep in mind that life threatening medical conditions and concerns are best served at the emergency department.
So what is Missoula Bone & Joint’s Orthopedic Urgent Care?
It means you can walk-in with no appointment the next time you …. slip and fall, wake up with joint pain, twist your ankle, slam your finger in the car door, miss that bump on your bike, almost land the 360 skateboard flip, over-do-it with the fall clean up, think you broke your arm, broke your leg, broke your foot, or injured your shoulder. Neck to toe, we are here for you, with specialists on stand-by to help you with your orthopedic injury or condition.
We are conveniently located at 2360 Mullan Road with easy drive up access under the blue awning. The dedicated Urgent Care entrance is just past the main clinic entrance. You will be seen by one of our experienced Physician Assistants and a Missoula Bone & Joint surgeon is on-call to consult if a surgery is needed. If x-rays are needed, they can be taken on-site with digital x-ray technology and experienced orthopedic x-ray technologists. Casting and bracing is also available at the time of your visit.
What about a workers compensation injury?
Missoula Bone & Joint Orthopedic Urgent Care may be the best choice for the unexpected Work-place injury. We are conveniently open until 7pm in the evening Monday through Thursday, Fridays 8.30 to 5 and Saturdays 9am until 2pm. If you have a work place injury please call ahead (406) 829-5581 to confirm your workers compensation coverage. Save yourself time and come straight to the orthopedic specialist at Missoula Bone & Joint’s Urgent Care on Mullan Road.
Read what patients are saying about Missoula Bone & Joint Urgent Care